Nissan e-NV200 Concept Unveiled
The Nissan e-NV200 Idea has been unveiled at this year’s North American International Auto Display in Detroit, possibly previewing the future of tiny zero-emission vans.
The e-NV200 is Nissan’s way of utilising its technology from the all-electric LEAF to demonstrate the strengths of electrical vehicles.
Nissan says the e-NV200 is a near-future manufacturing edition of a small van, developed to offer companies and families with a practical zero-emission remedy to everyday tasks.
Using a extremely related set-up to the Nissan LEAF, the e-NV200 helps make use of a lithium-ion battery powering an 80kW AC synchronous motor (280Nm of torque from 0rpm) that delivers brisk and effortless acceleration. It’s expected to give about the same 160km array as the LEAF while also making use of its donor’s in-car technological innovation.
The e-NV200 offers all the very same practicality and usability as the NV200, which won the 2010 International Van of the Year award, but it does differ in exterior styling thanks to blue-accented badging, modified headlights and LEDs.
Much like the Pathfinder notion, the e-NV200 is a quite near representation of the upcoming manufacturing automobile. Nissan has currently started out testing the electrical van with the Japan Post Service in Yokohama and FedEx in London and, in case you haven’t heard it but, from 2013 its donor automobile will be the official yellow cab of New York city (which means it will ferry 600,000 passengers per day).
- Drive configuration: Front-wheel drive
- Transmission: Single speed reducer
- Battery: Laminated 24 kWh lithium-ion (Li-ion) battery
- Battery layout: Under floor
- Assortment: Comparable to Nissan LEAF
- Physique: Unibody
- Wheels: 16-inch aluminum-alloy wheels
- Tyre size: 205/55R16
- Wheelbase: 272.54 centimetres
- Length: 457.45 centimetres
- Width: 175.76 centimetres
- Height: 182.62 centimetres
- Exterior functions: Functional cabin and cargo space Nissan’s EV identity like front face dual glass roof panels strong front finish with charging port door aerodynamic body form blue chrome plated headlights and rear combination lights
- Interior capabilities: Custom instrument panel remedy with particular EV meters, advanced telematics and flat C-cluster display resembling a laptop or computer tablet custom light grey cloth upholstery two-row foldable seating