2013 Chicago: Toyota updates Tundra for 2014 year with facelift, internals largely carry over unchanged
The Toyota Tundra has been with us in its current iteration since 2007. As a result, Toyota had given its full size pickup a facelift while much of the Tundra’s mechanicals carry over largely unchanged. That facelifted model was revealed today at this year’s 2013 Chicago Auto Show.
“Toyota prides itself on listening to its customers and the development of the 2014 American-born Tundra is a perfect example,” said Bill Fay, Toyota’s group vice president and general manager. “Tundra’s new exterior design and all-new interior were inspired by customer feedback requesting a more chiseled exterior and refined interior with improved driver ergonomics, and easy-to-use technology, giving customers more of what they want instead, in addition to what they need.”
Powering the Tundra is a base 4.0L V6 good for 270hp and 278 lb-ft of torque, while the V8s also carry over in both 4.6 and 5.7 form. The 4.6 is good for 310hp and 327 lb-ft of torque while the full 5.7 achieves 381hp and 401 lb-ft of torque.
There are also a variety of new options for the 2014 year, which include a Blind Spot Monitor with Rear Cross Traffic Alert, a standard back-up camera, and standard Bluetooth. Additionally, the interior, much like the exterior, has received a visual and design update.
The Tundra can still be had in a variety of trim levels and cab/bed layouts, all of which still carry over from the previous non-facelifted Tundra.
For full details, check out the press release after the jump.
Incoming search terms:
- Powered by Article Dashboard vehicle back up cameras
- Powered by Article Dashboard best back up camera
The planet debut of the new 2012 Toyota Camry marks a big point for Toyota Motor Corp. and their long term. Simply because the brand has lost a significant volume of sales to rivals like Hyundai, ToMoCo desires to fight back…hard.
“They (Toyota) have been given a black eye above the previous three years for diverse items, some beyond their manage and some that showed kinks in their armor,” said Ed Kim, an sector analyst for AutoPacific Inc., referring to occasions this kind of as the financial recession, recalls and the Japanese earthquake in March.
At its global launch, ToMoCo went above and beyond with the new 2012 Camry with PR occasions taking spot all above the US, a single of which took spot at Hollywood’s Paramount Studios in Los Angeles featuring a New York City-themed backdrop with more than 200 actors, dancers and musicians.
“It really begins with the all-new Camry Camry is the keystone of the brand,” said vice president of US sales for ToMoCo, Bob Carter. “Then the cadence comes quicker than I’ve seen in 30 many years with Toyota.”
To further elaborate on Toyota’s strike back, they also have some important plans for their very own lineup, Scion’s and Lexus’s lineup.
Beginning with Toyota, the organization will be launching their hybrid Prius v wagon, the plug-in Prius and the Prius c compact hybrid, an updated Tacoma, a battery-powered all-electric RAV4 and a revamped Yaris subcompact. Furthermore, for the coming many years, in 2013, the Avalon and the Highlander will get a redesign whilst the RAV4 will be all-new. In 2014, the Toyota Sequoia, Land Cruiser and Tundra will get a redesign. Lastly, in 215, the Toyota Corolla and Prius will be redesigned with the debut of the new FT-86.
Incoming search terms:
- scion redesign 2013
Filed under: SUV, Truck, Toyota
At it’s peak in 2002, Toyota was selling over 70,000 Sequoias. Last year, that number dropped to below 20,000 units. So it comes as little surprise that ToMoCo will be nixing its Tundra-based SUV at the end of the current model’s lifecycle.
A source speaking with PickupTrucks.com confirmed that the Sequoia won’t live on, partially due to slow sales, but surely in part to get Toyota’s CAFE ratings in check before the new rules hit in 2015. But all’s not lost for the automaker’s body-on-frame offerings.
A redesigned Tundra is set to arrive in 2014, just in time for Ford, General Motors and Nissan’s newest half-ton pickups. Although sales of the Tundra haven’t lived up to Toyota’s lofty expectations, it’s obvious the automaker feels the need to compete in the segment, and a refreshed model should help sales, despite the market’s less-than-enthusiastic reception of Toyota’s largest pickup.
Incoming search terms:
- 2014 sequoia
- 2014 toyota sequoia redesign
- 2014 tundra redesign
- toyota sequoia 2014
- 2014 sequoia redesign
- 2014 toyota tundra redesign
- 2014 tundra spy
- sequoia 2014
- toyota sequoia redesign
- new toyota sequoia 2014
- sequoia redesign
- dubai toyota sequoia end police
- 2014 tundra spy photos
- redesigned suv 2014
- 2014 toyota sequoia
- 2014 toyota tundra spy photos
- toyota tundra 2014 photos
- 2014 tundra redesign pictures
- 2014 tundra pics
- redesigned tundra
- When will the toyota sequoia be redesigned
- 2012 toyota sequoia redesign
- toyota sequoia future
- New Tundra Redesign
- WHEN WILL THE TOYOTA TUNDRA BE REDESIGNED
- toyota tundra 2014 spy pics
- 2014 TOYOTA TUNDRA SPY SHOTS
- 2014 tundra
- 2014 tundra pictures
- Next Toyota Tundra Redesign
- toyota sequoia redesign 2014
- toyota 2014 sequoia
- redesigned toyota sequoia
- when is the 2014 toyota sequoia
- 2014 toyota sequoia hybrid
- spy foto tundra
- 2012 toyota sequoia
- spy photos of 2014 tundra
- 2014 seqoia body chang
- 2014 tundra spy shots
- future of toyota sequoia
- tuyuta sequoi 2014
- 2013 redesigned sequoia
- toyota sequoia 2014 redesign
- Toyota Redesign Sequoia
- redesigned sequoia
- sequoia hybrid 2014
- future suv 2014
- future toyota sequioa
- toyota tundra 2014 redesign
- spy 2014 toyota sequoia
- toyota tundra redesign
- toyota sequoia killed for the future
- new 2014 tundra spy pics
- new toyota tundra 2014
- new 2014 toyota tundra for sale
- spy pics 2014 tundra
- toyota sequoia 2012 redesign
- Toyota Tundra 2014 Spy Photos
- future toyota sequoia
- 2014 sequoia toyota
- will there be a 2014 toyota sequioa
- 2014 tundra photo
- 2014 toyota tundra
- 2013 toytoa sequoia
- 2014 toyota sequoia spy
- when will toyota redesign the sequoia
- 2014 toyota sequioa
- wii toyota kill sequoia in 2014
- when will Toyota Sequoia be redesigned?
- 2014 tundra spy pictures
- WILL TOYOTA SEQUOIA BE REDESIGNED
- 2014 Sequoia pic
- toyota redesigned future
- toyota sequoia 2012
- will the 2014 toyota tundra be totally redesigned
- toyota sequoia 2013
- toyota sequoia 2013 redesign
- will there be a 2014 Toyota sequoia?
- spy shots of 2014 tundra
- toyota sequoia 2014 pics
- when will toyota sequoia be redisgned
- spy shots 2014 toyota tundra
- toyota redesigned 2014
- spy shots toyota sequoia 2014
- spyshot 2014 tundra
- toyota future suv 2014
- toyota innova spyshot 2014
- will there be redesigned toyota sequoia for 2014
- toyota kill sequoia
- will there be 2014 toyota sequoia
- spyshot 2014 toytoa tundra
- www Toyotafuturesuv2014 com
- toyota killing the sequoia
- will there be 2014 sequoia
- spycam pics of new 2014 tundra
- spy shot for 2014 sequoia
- when will toyota sell there new 2014 toyota tundra
- when toyota tuntra will be redesigned
- when is the toyota tundra going to be redesigned?