Top Secret G37S: Flip Pride
Many of us think that comfort and high performance parts don’t mix in a luxury car. We’re all persuaded with seeing cars like the one featured only to be enhanced with that vip touch. Now I’m not saying that vip is overrated because I will forever love the vip scene. We just need variety and something we haven’t seen lately on Canibeat. Something with a carbon fiber hood on a luxury car perhaps? Meet Wesley Gamboa’s 2008 Top Secret G37S, here we have a car that is built with pride to tune luxury and performance in absolute unity.
Before we get into the car details and such, I had an opportunity to ask Wesley what fuels his affection with his current and past cars. Wesley’s first car he ever owned was a late ’70s, rear wheel drive Toyota Corolla that he drove back at his early days in the Philippines where I also used to reside. Rear wheel drive Toyota’s? Man, I must have been living under a rock while I was there. All I recall seeing were these pimped out looking passenger jeeps called Jeepneys, huge non-air conditioned buses, and motor-tricyles that all spewed dark amounts of exhaust fumes. But at a young age, perhaps I wasn’t that passionate with cars like he was. Other than the Corolla, Wesley also used to own a 2004 Nissan 350z. All of his rides have been customized and not a single car he used to own and current has never remained stock. That right there is guy with a lot of rear wheel drive passion.
“There is just something about cars and modifying them that runs through my veins.” – Wesley
Oh and did I mention this guys an amazing family guy? I was told that his family is encouraged to do what he loves with automobiles and that is rare with families these days. It must be a Filipino thing. His son drives a Honda S2000 which he takes out with him to In-N-Out meets and a daughter that currently has high hopes with getting a Mini Cooper S for her first car. Well before the big purchase of that Mini, she’s gotta get that driver’s license first in a few more years.
“Families bond by doing activities that they all love to enjoy together and for me I am blessed to be able to bond with my family through our love of cars.” – Wesley
“The inspiration for the car from the get go was to achieve a look that would be different from what everyone was doing at the time. The car was purchased back in 2008 and the stance scene was still unheard of in South Florida which is where I am originally from. I am one of the few owners in the United States that has an authentic Top Secret lip kit for the G37 and also one of the few owners who chose to have wheels made by Auto Couture. Nowadays many G37 owners have replica made versions of this kit and are usually seen on Vossen Wheels or Volk Racing Wheels. I have nothing against my fellow G37 enthusiasts but I prefer taking my own route of modifying cars, after all my car was able to achieve the stance and fitment I wanted by using only lowering springs and not the traditional coilover or airbag setup.” -Wesley
Wesley is content with the way the car performs and has no plans on tracking the car. Quite understandable since he is a full time family man as previously stated. The word family is so important to him that he plans to give away his car to his son in the near future. An S2000 and a G37S?! What a lucky son!
- Authentic Top Secret G35s Lip Kit
- Stillen Roof Spoiler
- Seibon Carbon Fiber TS Hood
- 3M Clear Bra
- Authentic Police Strobe Lights – Headlights & Tail lights*
- 20″ Auto Couture Aristo in Matte Black front sizes: 20×9.5 rear sizes: 20×10.5
- Tein S-Tech Lowering Springs
- Rotora Drilled/Slotted Rotors (14″front/13.8″rear – replacements for the OEM Akebono Big Brake Kit)
- Stillen Gen 3 Dual Cold Air Intakes
- HKS Hi-Power True Dual Cat-Back Exhaust
- Berk High Flow Catalytic Converters
- Cobb Tuning Accessport (Stage 2+ Setting)
- BlackBetty Grounding Kit – 4 Gauge Wires
- Top Secret Shift Knob
- 4080 Subwoofer Enclosure (G37 Edition)
- JL Audio 10W6v2 Subwoofer
- Soundstream Amplifier
- Power Acoustik PCX-5F 5 Farad Digital Power Capacitor
- External Horn/Loudspeaker with Amplifier*
*Two of the mods listed below (the strobe lights and external horn) may be questionable to some people but they are things he did for laughs and giggles. These two items are commonly seen in the Philippines and he’s an old school Filipino at heart. Right on, Wesley. Mabuhay!
Shout outs: To his beautiful wife and children! Falken Tires and Incurve wheels for the sponsorships. His fellow car teammates in High Octane Tuners and to the team sponsors of NOS Energy Drinks and Auto RnD. And to his old friends in the South Florida car community.
And extra special thanks to our exclusive Canibeat photographer, Anthony Lezada!
Incoming search terms:
- Powered by Article Dashboard speaker box
- Powered by Article Dashboard building a subwoofer enclosure
- Powered by Article Dashboard old honda motorcycles
- Powered by Article Dashboard directions to build a subwoofer box
- Powered by Article Dashboard how to build sub enclosure
- Powered by Article Dashboard secret audio
- Powered by Article Dashboard dual sub enclosure
- Powered by Article Dashboard car audio capacitor
- Powered by Article Dashboard external enclosure
- Powered by Article Dashboard auto recall
- Powered by Article Dashboard subwoofer enclosure parts
- pride 141
- g37s aero
- Powered by Article Dashboard how to make a sub box
- Powered by Article Dashboard top secret projects
- top secret car
- top secret g37s
- Powered by Article Dashboard how to build sub enclosure wall
- g37s kit
- g37s rs-d
- g37s tuning
- image 600x900
- pimped out rides
- Powered by Article Dashboard external drive
- Powered by Article Dashboard florida motor vehicle registration
- top secret replica front lip for the G37s coupe