Two Audi Crashes – 2012 24 Hours of Le Mans
I happened to be sitting in one of the Audi enclosures when double disaster hit.
First Marc Gene slid off in the #3 machine, doing a duplicate of yesterday’s accident in that car, this time bending the right front suspension.
Groans all around from the Audi people.
Then, as TV is showing Gene limp back to the pits in #3, Allan McNish uncharacteristically stuffs the #2 car.
Even greater groans from the Audi crowd.
McNish is back to the pits in a hurry and the pit crew, all of whom take on a stance like Spiderman when a car enters the pits, climbs all over the McNish car. Slam, bam and McNish is out apparently repaired in less time than it takes you to get an oil change at your local dealer.
Exclusive Photos: 2012 24 Hours of Le Mans >>
More: 2012 24 Hours of Le Mans Race Coverage >>
- Audi In Command – 2012 24 Hours of Le Mans
- Video: Audi is Ready – 2012 24 Hours of Le Mans
- Audi: Protecting The Family Joules – 2012 24 Hours of Le Mans
- Audi Hybrids Dominate 24 Hours of Le Mans
- Audi: Elektra – 2012 24 Hours of Le Mans
Incoming search terms:
- Powered by Article Dashboard wax museum